Diagnostic Pathology Associates (DPA) is an independent laboratory offering pathology services by Central Ohio Pathology Associates. DPA provides high quality anatomic and clinical pathology services to health care facilities throughout central Ohio, including hospital laboratories, surgical centers, ambulatory care centers and physician offices. DPA is a convenient solution for those requiring tissue processing only.
Anatomic Pathology Services
Our laboratory is CLIA certified and College of American Pathologists accredited. We offer expert interpretation of surgical and cytology specimens by our board certified pathologists.
We provide rapid turn around time with most routine case interpretations available within 24 hours, and reports are available to physicians through our secure web-based reporting system or by fax. Our pathologists are also available for consultation and case discussion.
Clinical Pathology Services
Our board-certified pathologists provide laboratory medical directorship and expertise in clinical laboratory supervision. DPA pathologists currently serve as laboratory medical directors in a variety of settings including hospitals, surgical centers, ambulatory care centers and physician office settings. An on-call pathologist is available for consultation to the facilities we serve 24 hours every day.
We cater to your needs:
- Intraoperative frozen section consultations are available.
- We provide extra-departmental consultations from recognized experts in all sub-specialty fields for exceptionally difficult cases.
- Complete histology processing services performed by our experienced and certified laboratory staff including tissue grossing, processing, embedding, cutting and staining
- Tissue and slide preparation (without interpretation) is available, with optional grossing and transcription services through our secure web based reporting system.
- Fine needle aspiration specimens, bronchial washings and body fluids processed utilizing thin prep Thin-prep liquid based cytology technology.
- An extensive list of histochemical and immunohistochemical stains are available.
- Specialized analysis including cytogenetics, FISH and molecular tests provided by arrangement with national reference laboratory.